MBA in Airline and Airport Management
Master of business administration (MBA) post-graduate program in airlines & airport management :
This is a 2-year degree for those interested in management positions in airlines and airport companies. The course comes with a university degree and can be completed part-time.
WHY MBA IN AIRLINES & AIRPORT MANAGEMENT?
- The global economic environment is changing rapidly, with increasing demands on airline and business executives to stay relevant, embrace new technologies, and manage stakeholder expectations.
- The aviation industry in India is expected to grow at a compounded annual growth rate of over 25%. India needs 400 airports and 300 aircraft in the next decade.
- Aviation and airport are in for exponential growth. India has announced ambitious airport development plans which will greatly enhance the country’s capacity for commercial air travel.
- The country’s Civil Aviation Ministry announced it intends to build a host of new international airports on Greenfield sites, in addition to redeveloping existing smaller airports.
- Currently only 60 Indian airports can be classed as capable of handling commercial air passenger and cargo services.
- There are currently 24 major international passenger and cargo airports, and 36 regional airports.
- Millions of passengers and thousands of tonnes of cargo pass through airlines and airports each year. All these passengers demand quality customer service, apart from smooth, timely operations.
- Managing a large number of passengers, employees and operations is what aviation management is all about. People in senior management positions take decisions affecting millions of dollars worth of investments around the world.
- A career in aviation management offers opportunities to travel, meet new people and gain new experiences in all parts of the world.
- India’s target is to more than double the number of major international and regional hubs within next 12 years.
Kasturi Institute’s MBA Degree in Airlines & airport management is 4 semesters in total with job internship after the 2nd and 4th semesters.
- Airport operations management
- Airport support services and facilities
- Airport financial management
- Air traffic management and control systems
- International airports, airlines and carrier operations management
- Kasturi Institute’s MBA curriculum includes personality development and soft skills modules
- The relevant syllabus copies will be issued at the beginning of the program. The Principal of Kasturi Institute of Management, Coimbatore will arrange for the supply of study materials. The students have to make their own arrangement to procure other reference text books.
- The principal will assess continuously the knowledge gained, performance status, skills developed, etc., by the students for the apportioned marks as per the approved scheme of examination through class room tests, assignments, seminars, etc.
- A pamphlet on distribution of marks for the external assessment and internal assessment in theory papers of the program, minimum passing qualification and marks for the various internal assessment components will be given to the students on joining the course.
- Model question papers for all the subjects will be available on the university’s website during October and March of every year for 30 days.